I thought it might be a good idea to post a weekly progress report from the past week, just to keep myself focused.
The first project on my list was to fix Andy. He had a hole in his neck and he turned up in my cart Wednesday morning when I went to Guthrie to sew.
After I fixed Andy (his arms were coming off too) I started adding the sashing to my white rabbit quilt.
This one has a thin black folded strip added to each block and now I am sewing on the sashing strips.
I have ten of these pastel rabbits that I am also working on. I selected large floral fabrics and am fussy cutting them to highlight the patterns. As of today, I have four of them finished and all the rest cut, marked and basted, ready to sew.
While I was working on the large floral bunnies, it occurred to me that they might be really cute done up with a combination of applique and embroidery. So I made one block with the bow appliqued and the rest of the pattern stitched as embroidery. I kind of like it…. It will look better once it is quilted. I will post another photo at that time.
That's it for this week.