I have been keeping pretty quiet about this for as long as I can stand it, but it’s finally time to let the cat out of the bag … I’ve been working on a Pattern Challenge! I want this to be fun so I’m keeping it simple. Here’s the rules:
• You must purchase an Official Challenge Pattern from one of the four participating quilt stores.
• Make a quilt — anything you want — with some recognizable portion of the pattern somewhere in your quilt. You can use the entire pattern or just part of it. It can be any size or shape you wish as long as it is smaller than 60″ x 80″.
• Mail-in a photo of your Challenge Quilt along with a $5 entry fee per quilt (you can make one or two quilts) and the Official Entry Forms (included in the pattern) by November 15, 2012.
• Drop off your quilt(s) at any of the four participating quilt stores by December 15, 2012. Or you can mail it in if you do not live near OKC.
• All of the quilts will hang in a special display at the 2013 Oklahoma Winter Quilt Show, January 10-12, 2013. We will award 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place ribbons as well as a Viewers Choice and an Honorable Mention. The winners will receive prizes donated by the four participating quilt shops.
This years pattern is Oklahoma’s White-Tailed Deer. My hope is that this will get your creative juices flowing and that we will all have a blast. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!
Here are the four stores that have the patterns for sale:
Nancy’s Trunk — 9211 W. Main (Hwy 33) Ripley, OK 73000
Patchwork Place — 900 24th Ave., Suite 6, Norman, OK 73069
Sooner Quilts — 7821 S. Sooner Road, Guthrie, OK 73044
Quilter’s Corner — 1114 S. Air Depot, Midwest City, OK 73110