This quilt was intended to be part of my Butterfly Dance book, but never made the cut. I’ve finally finished quilting it. I called it my “scrap buster” quilt because the only fabric purchased was the black and purple batik used in the 4″ borders. To make the 6″ stars in this quilt, I went through my scraps and organized the pieces by color. Then I cut the pieces out from “blendy” scraps. I did not care if the points were all the same fabric as long as they were similar in color and hue. It is a little hard to see in this photo but very few stars have the same fabric for all eight points. When the stars were finished, I used the leftover scraps to crazy piece 6″ squares for the outer border. I then splashed a few butterflies onto the quilt top just for fun. It is very cold and snowing today so it was a good day to clear up an old project.
I plan to look through my UFOs and see what else I can finish up…. I may post another photo because then I’ll have to finish it!